The Black & Decker dustbuster handheld cordless vacuum cleaner is a lightweight and compact machine that will help you to take care of dirt and debris on your surfaces. This unit is more convenient than upright vacuum cleaners as it can access many surfaces with a lot of ease. It also features two extra accessories to make your work easy. Read this Black and Decker Dustbuster review to know more about this Cordless Handheld Vacuum.
This vacuum cleaner can hold a charge for up to 18 months, featuring an advanced lithium-ion battery technology. However, you may take longer to clean your carpet or floor when compared to the Bissell 1831 or Shark Navigator upright vacuum machine. Besides, it has excellent suction power that enables it to clean most surfaces with precision.
Technical Specifications of the
BLACK and DECKER dustbuster
|Dustbowl Capacity:||20.6 ounces|
|Smart Charge Technology:||uses up to 50 percent less energy|
|Can hold:||up to 18 months|
|Warranty:||2 Year Limited Warranty|
|Dimensions:||17.2 x 5.5 x 7.8 inches|
If you desire a reliable and powerful handheld vacuum cleaner at an affordable price, then you should try out this unit. Read this review to find out more about this exceptional tool.
Black and Decker Dustbuster Review 2021
- 1 Technical Specifications of the BLACK+DECKER dustbuster Handheld Cordless Vacuum
- 2 Black and Decker Dustbuster Review 2021
- 3 Summary: Why buy a Black and Decker dustbuster handheld vacuum cleaner?
- 4 Cons of the black and decker dustbuster
- 5 FAQ
Compact and lightweight construction
This is a compact and lightweight vacuum that you will easily lift from one area of your house to another as you clean. Moreover, it comes with a rotating slim nozzle that performs a variety of applications. Follow the instruction manual to capitalize on this dustbuster handheld vacuum fully. The weight is only 2.6 pounds which is far lower than the Bissell Cleanview 9595A machine.
Delivering up to 15.2 air watts, this vacuum cleaner is strong enough to clean dirt, debris, and pet hair from your surface. It will suck up breadcrumbs, pet hair, and other dirt and debris. However, you may have to pass the unit several times in a dirty area.
Like the Hoover Linx Cordless Stick cleaner, the Black & Decker CHV1410L handheld vacuum comes with advanced lithium-ion technology. This is an excellent battery, as it can hold a charge for up to 18 months. On top of that, it provides fade-free power. With this technology, the battery runs at lower power consumption levels that allow it to use up to 50% less energy.
Despite holding a charge for a long period, the battery doesn’t last long during use. Many users have complained that it only provides 15 to 30 minutes of use. Regrettably, it also takes up to 4 hours to fully charge. So, you will have to be patient if you’re cleaning a larger room or area.
Smart charge technology
The intelligent charge technology helps prolong your battery life by automatically shutting it down when it’s full. As a result, this allows you to keep your unit on the charger while maintaining longer runtimes.
Related article: Check the Features of iRobot Roomba 650 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
The translucent bagless dirt bowl
This handheld vacuum collects dirt in a big translucent bagless dirt bowl. The bowl lets you see the level of trash and enables you to empty the container in time. This dirt cup is not large enough; thus, it will be challenging to use the unit to clean a lot of dirt or to cover a larger area.
The Black and Decker dustbuster CHV1410L comes with an exceptional filtration system that ensures dirt, debris, and pet hair are trapped in the vacuum. The filter has two parts, which include an outer plastic mesh that captures bigger bits of debris such as crumbs and pet hair and the inner cloth filter that captures finer particles.
With these two parts, the unit will be less messy and perform at a high level. To prolong the lifespan of the device and maintain excellent suction, you will have to clean the cloth filter frequently. The level of dirt you clean daily will determine how often you clean the filter.
This handheld unit delivers more than one task as it features two additional tools for performing different tasks. These are the pull-out crevice tool and flip-up brush. The pull-out crevice tall is for cleaning hard-to-reach areas, while the flip-up brush is meant for dusting and cleaning upholstery.
- Bare floor – the unit can be utilized as a spot clean-up on bare floors. This is because the nozzle inlet is only big enough for medium-sized debris such as bread crumbs, pet droppings, and cereals. Since it has powerful suction, it will quickly pick up small to medium-sized dirt but not big debris as it will not fit in the small opening.
- Carpet – the device can also be used to spot clean your carpet, but it will not scrub and remove dirt on high pile carpets. The reason is simple; it doesn’t feature a motorized brush that can clean high pile carpets and get rid of all the dirt on them. You should use the Dyson Ball Cyclone vacuum cleaner for better carpet cleaning, as it has a mini motorized tool.
- Upholstery – similar to cleaning the carpet, the vacuum will remove dirt on your upholstery and even car. However, you will need to pass it on to the dirty area several times as it is not effective in cleaning such surfaces. It lacks a motorized brush but has reliable suction power that helps in cleaning.
- Pet hair – even though this vacuum can clean pet air from your carpet and floors, it is not as effective as upright or canister vacuums in doing so. This is because it lacks a pet hair tool that could have made cleaning pet hair easier.
Black and Decker stand behind their products, and that’s why many customers trust them. If the Black and Decker dustbuster handheld vacuum cleaner comes with a defect in material or workmanship, you can get a replacement or have it repaired. However, you should ensure that you don’t void the warranty.
Summary: Why buy a Black and Decker dustbuster handheld vacuum cleaner?
- Lightweight and portable
- Cyclonic action ensures the unit performs exceptionally
- Smart charge technology utilizes up to 50% less energy
- It has a reliable lithium-ion battery that can hold a charge for up to 18 months
- It takes 4 hours to recharge fully
- Slim nozzle fits into tight areas
- Washable dirt bowl and filter
- Straightforward to empty
- Translucent bagless dirt bowl lets you know when to empty
- Multi-floor tool for versatile cleaning
- Crevice tool cleans hard-to-reach areas
- 2-year warranty
Cons of the black and decker dustbuster
- The nozzle is not as wide as the Eureka Powerspeed Bagless vacuum cleaner
- The unit is quite loud
- The dirt cup is small
- It only comes with two attachments that limit the tasks that it can handle
Sometimes, having a small and portable vacuum cleaner that you can grab and quickly clean a particular spot on your floor or carpet is vital. That’s why having the Black & Decker dustbuster handheld vacuum is essential. This vacuum is lightweight and portable. It can also clean a broad range of surfaces, such as hardwood floors, stairs, upholstery, carpet, and even the interior of your vehicle.
Unlike many cordless vacuum cleaners on the market, this unit boasts a reliable lithium-ion battery. So, you will always have reliable suction power that will deal with dirt, debris, and pet hair on your surfaces. It is also affordable and easy to clean.
Overall, this is a powerful and portable unit that you will love having to carry out light cleaning in your home. But for larger space, it will not work as well as corded Bissell Cleanview units. I hope this Black and Decker Dustbuster review article has given a clear idea about this vacuum cleaner.
Question: Is this Black and Decker dustbuster handheld unit ideal for cleaning pet hair?
Answer: Yes, it is. However, it cleans better on bare floors than on carpets and upholstery. If there is pet hair on your hardwood floor, this vacuum will suck it up quickly when compared to pet hair on your carpet or upholstery. But it does a great job of picking up crumbs on the carpet.
Question: Can I use this vacuum to clean all the surfaces in the house?
Answer: Of course, you can. The Black and Decker dustbuster handheld CHV1410L vacuum cleaner can be utilized to clean tiles, furniture, carpets, stairs, upholstery, car, and even curtains. The only challenge is that it is not suitable for cleaning a larger area. You have to use the iRobot Roomba 960 vacuum cleaner to clean a large area.
Still, have a question after reading this Black and Decker Dustbuster review? Comment below.