For those looking for an affordable and powerful vacuum cleaner? Look no further, as the iRobot Roomba 650 vacuum cleaner is an excellent choice. Featuring the 3 stage cleaning system and iAdapt navigation technologies, this device is reliable and fantastic in performance. Read this iRobot Roomba 650 Review to know what is about this Robot Vacuum Cleaner.
It may lack a few features of high-end iRobot Roomba models, including iRobot Roomba 677 and iRobot Roomba 690, but it still performs at a high level. The device can clean a variety of surfaces, and it is easy to use. With 7x scheduling sessions, your home will never be dirty every again.
Technical Specifications of the
iRobot Roomba 650
|Dustbowl Capacity:||up to 7x per week|
|Automatically docks and recharges:
|Automatically adjusts to all floor types:||Yes|
|Can last:||up to 30 to 60 minutes|
|iAdapt Navigation:||uses a full suite of sensors|
|Dimensions:||13.4 x 3.6 x 13.4 inches|
Before you decide, read this review to the end.
iRobot Roomba 650 Review 2022
- 1 Technical Specifications of the iRobot Roomba 650 Robot Vacuum
- 2 iRobot Roomba 650 Review 2022
- 2.1 Compact and elegant construction
- 2.2 3 stage cleaning system
- 2.3 iAdapt navigation
- 2.4 Automatic docking and recharging
- 2.5 Multi-floor device
- 2.6 AeroVac filter
- 2.7 Virtual wall
- 2.8 Scheduling up to 7X
- 2.9 60-minute runtime
- 2.10 Easy to operate
- 2.11 Sizeable dirt cup
- 2.12 Maintenance accessories
- 2.13 Warranty
- 2.14 What we liked most about the iRobot Roomba 650 robotic vacuum cleaner
- 2.15 What we didn’t like iRobot Roomba 650
- 2.16 FAQ
Compact and elegant construction
The iRobot Roomba is a small and sleek robot vacuum cleaner that is easy to use. Its weight is far lower compared to Hoover WindTunner 3 and Hoover Linx BH50010 vacuum cleaner units. It will perfectly blend with your interior décor, and keeping it won’t be a problem. Because it is small, it will maneuver easily around chairs and even under your sofas.
3 stage cleaning system
The 3 stage cleaning system makes this unit to be efficient as it picks up dirt, debris, and pet hair that other similar vacuums leave behind. The 3 stage system functions by loosening the dirt, then use high power suction to remove it and make sure that the area is clean before moving on to the next part.
An outstanding feature of the iRobot Roomba 650 vacuum cleaner is the iAdapt navigation. It uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt around your home. The sensors detect the dirtiest places on the floor, where they concentrate and suck up all the dirt before moving on. Also, it cannot fall on the stairs as the sensors help it to stay on the floor and tread carefully.
Automatic docking and recharging
Since the vacuum runs on batteries, you will have to recharge it after a particular time. However, this unit charges automatically. It returns to the base charging when you press the docking button. The docking station is where the vacuum recharges and stays.
The iRobot Roomba 650 is a multi-floor unit as it can clean a broad range of surfaces. It is designed to clean hardwood floors, carpets, tiles, and even laminate floors. With such versatility, you will not have to acquire another vacuum cleaner.
Just like the Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum machine, the iRobot Roomba 650 vacuum cleaner doesn’t feature a HEPA filter, but it comes with the AeroVac filter that helps to trap allergens. This filter makes the vacuum to be more reliable in capturing small particles, but it is not as efficient as a HEPA filter. Therefore, people who suffer from allergies will be okay using this vacuum.
For effective cleaning and to avoid the unit accessing restricted areas, the manufacturer offers a virtual wall. This wall blocks the vacuum from accessing places that you don’t want it to. As a result, you will be relieved knowing that it won’t cause havoc in your home.
Scheduling up to 7X
What’s more, the iRobot Roomba 650 robotic vacuum cleaner allows the user to schedule it up to 7x per week. This means that you can schedule it to clean at a particular time daily. Besides, you can also decide to command it to clean by pressing CLEAN on the robot.
Scheduling the vacuum is straightforward by using the buttons to select the date and time. There is nothing complicated as programming the unit is simple.
Many users have applauded this vacuum cleaner. They appreciate how long it takes to clean when compared to some cheap vacuums. Even though the manufacturer has not indicated the runtime of this machine, many users say that it lasts for at least 30 to 60 minutes. This is a lot of time for the vacuum to clean. But to cover a larger area, you should use a commercial-grade Oreck vacuum cleaner as it has a multi-floor cleaning feature.
Easy to operate
Operating the vacuum cleaner is easy and fast. It doesn’t feature any complicated buttons or settings that can confuse the user. The device has a large button for cleaning. And when it is switched on, it will turn green to show that it is ready to get to work. When the battery gets low, it turns yellow, and when the battery gets drained, it will turn red.
Sizeable dirt cup
Like most vacuum cleaners on the market, this unit also features a visible dirt cup at the bottom of the machine. This is okay for a house that is not very busy. Also, the dirt cup may not hold a lot of dirt at once. But for a small room, it is okay.
Unlike many robot vacuum cleaners, this unit comes with extra accessories that help in the use and maintenance of the vacuum. For instance, the device has a brush cleaning kit. This kit is vital because debris and dirt get stuck to the brushes, and they have to be cleaned thoroughly to remove them. In such a situation, the brush cleaning kit will come in handy and ensure that the brushes are working as needed.
The warranty may be short-lived, but it is worthwhile. The manufacturer awards buyers of this unit a 1-year warranty. This is a lot of time to find out if the device is working well or not.
What we liked most about the iRobot Roomba 650 robotic vacuum cleaner
- Compact and elegant design
- A sizeable dust bin
- Better cleaning brushes
- Can clean multiple surfaces
- Easy to use
- Simple to empty the dirt bin
- Excellent suction power
- It is compact and lightweight
- 1-year warranty
What we didn’t like iRobot Roomba 650
- It is not suitable for picking up pet hair
- It moves with slight aggression when maneuvering around furniture; thus, bumping into them.
- It does have an app, so you cannot operate it away from home like Eufy Boostiq Robovac 30c robot vacuums.
- The motorized brush requires frequent cleaning as dirt tends to stick to it
The iRobot Roomba 650 vacuum cleaner is ideal for people with kids and pets in the house. This vacuum cleaner may not be as versatile as the iRobot Roomba 960 robot vacuums, but it is very efficient in performance. At such an excellent price, you will get the features of more advanced vacuums such as the iRobot Roomba 690, apart from the wireless connection and Alexa or Google Assistant voice command.
Overall, this is a reliable and powerful vacuum that will clean most of your floors without a lot of hustle. I hope that this iRobot Roomba 650 review article has given you a clear idea about this Robotic Vacuum Cleaner.
Question: How will this vacuum cleaner perform on my bare floor, carpet, and rug?
Answer: The iRobot Roomba 650 vacuum cleaner performs exceptionally on most floors. Here is how it will work on different floors:
- Bare floor – several users applaud the AeroVac system, saying that it cleans bare floors well. Also, it extends its excellent performance to hard-to-reach areas. This is thanks to the two brushes that it comes with. The brush with bristles scrubs the floor, while the brush with squeegee-like flaps helps in lifting the dirt into the vacuum.
- Carpet – it cleans the carpet in the same way that it cleans the carpet, but it is not very efficient on the carpet. That’s why many users recommended it for cleaning low pile carpets and not high pile carpets. The Bissell Cordless vacuum cleaner would be best for cleaning both carpets and hard floors.
- Rug – it also cleans rugs efficiently, but not very thick rugs. Besides, transitioning from the hard floor to rugs is very easy.
- Cleaning pet hair – one of the challenges of using a robot vacuum cleaner is that they don’t clean pet hair efficiently. That’s not the case with the iRobot Roomba vacuum. Users say that it picks up pet hair more effectively than other vacuum machines.
Question: Does this vacuum cleaner come with a Wi-Fi connection?
Answer: No, it doesn’t. If you want a wireless robot vacuum cleaner from iRobot Roomba, then you should consider getting a more advanced unit like iRobot Roomba 690 or 960 model.
Still, have questions after reading this iRobot Roomba 650 Review? Comment below.